The publication agreement between The Journal of Adventist Education® (JAE) and the author is accessible upon uploading a document through Editorial Manager, the peer review and manuscript tracking system used by JAE.
The Author agrees to the following conditions for work submitted and accepted for publication:
- You agree that this Work is an original manuscript. You also agree that the Work has not been previously published and that you have not sold or agreed to sell rights to the Work to anyone other than the GC. If the article has been previously published, you agree to give a full disclosure regarding the previous publication.
- You warrant that the Work is not libelous and that publication of the Work will not infringe upon any copyright, right to privacy, proprietary, or any other right of any person, corporation, or other entity. All copyrighted material to be included in the article must be clearly identified as such, and complete bibliographic information must be supplied in order for the GC to accept the Work.
- In the event that the Work infringes on the intellectual property rights of any third party, you agree to defend and indemnify the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and hold us harmless from all costs and damages resulting to us from such alleged infringement, including without limitation all related defense costs (this provision survives termination of this Agreement).
- You warrant that you have not agreed to give any person(s) any editorial approval or control over the article, that any necessary permissions will have been obtained, and that you will deliver copies of such permission to us upon request. You further agree to provide pertinent source materials to the GC for the purpose of pre-publication review for accuracy and libel or in the event of any legal action arising from the Work’s publication.
- In consideration of the mutual promises and representations herein, you agree to grant the GC:
- The right to modify the Work as needed, including editing Work. The GC will not make substantive changes to the Work without permission from the Author;
- Exclusive, first publication rights in the article in all languages, including but not limited to the right to publish the Work in whole or in part any and all forms of media, including electronic, effective as of the date of this Agreement;
- Nonexclusive worldwide republication rights, including the right to translate the Work and publish the translated version in all languages in any form or medium, including but not limited to electronic databases after initial publication;
- The right to use your name, likeness, and the Work, or any portion thereof, in connection with the promotion of publications of The Journal of Adventist Education®. You agree that we shall receive suitable credit such as “First published in of The Journal of Adventist Education®, and the original publication date” upon the exercise of any of the rights retained by you in the Work.
- Nothing in this Agreement is meant to construe that either party is an agent, employer, or employee of the other or that a legal relationship is being entered into other than for the purchase and copyright transfer of the article indicated above. This contains the entire and complete understanding of the parties and is made in and will be governed by Maryland law, and can only be changed by an agreement in writing signed by each of us. You must not assign any of your rights under this Agreement or delegate the performance of any of your duties hereunder without the prior written consent of the GC. If any term, clause, or provision of the Agreement is judged to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, that invalidity will not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause, or provision and will be deemed to have been deleted from the Agreement.